1. 1 lb. ground beef
2. taco seasoning (my recipe is at the end of this post.)
3. 6 - 10 in. flour tortillas
4. 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans; drained and rinsed
5. 2 medium tomatoes; diced
6. 2 medium avocados; pitted, peeled, and diced
7. 1 medium green pepper
8. can of large black olives; halved
9. shredded cheddar
10. sour cream
11. oil based dressing
1. First make the tortilla bowls. Lightly brush 1 side of the tortilla with a small amount of water. Coat 6 small oven safe bowls with nonstick cooking spray. Press tortillas, coated side up, into bowls. Place a ball of aluminum foil into each tortilla cup. Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 mins. Let cool.
|Mine didn't come out great; but you get the idea.|
2. In a medium saucepan cook ground beef, until beef is brown. Drain off fat. Add taco seasoning and 1/3 cup water. Let simmer 5 mins. Stir in kidney beans. Simmer 10 mins.
3. Layer your salad in the tortilla cups. Beef, then your veggies, cheese, and sour cream. Then top with your favorite dressing. I used: Wish-Bone® Superfruit Berry Vinaigrette.
It was so tasty.
As promised, my taco seasoning recipe; so you don't have to use a packet seasoning anymore.
Combine the following:
1. 1 tbsp chili powder
2. 1/4 tsp garlic powder
3. 1/4 tsp onion powder
4. 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
5. 1/4 tsp oregano
6. 1/2 tsp paprika
7. 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
8. 1 tsp sea salt