So I'm off to a bad start. I made a meal (Chicken Enchilla Casserole) trying a new recipe and meant to take a picture for you guys, but of course I forgot and just dug in. Anyways, I will still share the recipe from the March 2011 issue of Cooking Light.
4 chicken thighs
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 cup frozen corn
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt and pepper
2 cups chopped onion
6 garlic gloves
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
2/3 cup salsa verde
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp chopped green chile
9 (6 in) corn tortillas
1/4 cup shredded cheddar
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. coat pan with cooking spray. cook chicken til cooked through out.
2. Place shredded chicken in medium bowl. Add 1 1/2 tbsp cilantro, corn, and next 5 ingrediants (cream cheese, red pepper, cumin, salt and pepper). toss to combine.
3. Return skillet to medium high, add 1/2 cup onion; saute 5 mins. add 3 garlic gloves; saute 1 min. add onion mixture to chicken mixture.
4. Combine remaining 1 1/2 cups onion, remaining garlic, broth, salsa, water, and green chile in a medium sauce pan on medium high heat. bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 mins. Remove from heat and let stand 10 mins. Process in a blender til smooth, add 2 tbsp cilantro to blender.
5. Over medium high heat cook tortillas 1 1/2 in. on each side. then cut into quarters.
6. Spread 1/2 cup salsa mix in bottom of 8 in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 12 tortilla quarters over salsa. Spoon half of chicken mixture over tortilla. Repeat layers finishing with tortillas. Pour remaining salsa over top. Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 mins. Top with remaining cilantro.
Its so delicious, definitely a hit in my house. Let me know how you like it.