One Pan Penne with Pancetta, Tomatoes, and Red Peppers.
1. 1 lb penne (i used multi-grain)
2. 8 oz. pancetta, diced
3. 6 plum tomatoes, diced.
4. 3 tsp minced garlic
5. 1 red bell pepper, diced.
6. 1/8 lb sun dried tomatoes, diced.
7. 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
8. 1/2 cup water
9. 6 chicken bouillon cubes (makes 6 cups) or 6 cups chicken stock
10. fresh basil
11. olive oil
12. 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
13. parmesan cheese
14. sea salt
1. Prepare chicken broth as directed on package, making about 6 cups. Keep to the side and keep on a low simmer.
2. In a large saute pan, add a little olive oil and the pancetta. Fry until a little crispy. Remove from skillet, pat dry. (Like bacon)
3. To the saute pan, add garlic, red pepper, sun dried tomatoes and tomatoes. Add crushed red pepper and a dash of salt. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes are tender. (2 minutes or so)
4. Stir in balsamic vinegar and water. Then add the pasta and stir well. Add a little broth. As the broth is absorbed, add a little more and stir. Continue this process til the pasta is almost done. (Keep covered during this part.)
5. Tear in a few basil leaves. Add pancetta. Stir together and cook a couple more minutes.
6. Serve with parmesan cheese.